Manufacturing Engineering Extended Diploma Level 3 at Crawley College
Your core knowledge of Mechanical principles, maths and communications will be developed to underpin your practical learning. You’ll have lots of workshop time, cementing your abilities with different machines and manufacturing processes.
Core Units -
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Mathematics for Technicians
- Communications for Technicians
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
Optional units are to be agreed with a tutor at your course interview.
Every learner at Central Sussex College who is under 19 will undertake a personal Study Programme designed to develop them academically, practically and personally. Study Programmes contain 3 essential elements:
- Subject Course – Vocational or chosen Academic subject, usually studied for 12 – 16 hours a week.
- English and Maths – Every learner will work towards Level 2 English and Maths (C grade equivalent). Learners who have achieved a Grade C will extend their English and Maths.
- 3E – Our own brand of specific entrepreneurship, enterprise and employability training.
You will have specific time in your timetable for each of the three elements above and you will be expected to attend all elements throughout the year. Study programmes are designed to help you meet your maximum potential and progress to the next level of study of into work.
A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D, including English, Maths and a Science. You may also have completed the Level 1 programme in Engineering.
All core and optional units are assessed by a combination of course assignments, phase tests and final assessments.
Upon Successful Completion you will be able to progress through the following routes;
- HNC/D in Manufacturing Engineering
- Full Degree at university
- Straight inter employment
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.