Landscape Construction (Horticulture) City and Guilds Level 3 Extended Diploma at Guildford College
At Merrist Wood we have over thirty years experience in providing specialist training in landscape construction and amenity horticulture.
Practical work is carried out in our dedicated landscape workshops and the extensive college grounds under the direction of skilled and experienced tutors from the industry.
This course is suitable for those wishing to gain employment within the landscaping industry or undertake higher level studies.
- Work experience
- Business management
- Decorative features
- Sustainable development (research, reports, economics)
- Investigative project (individual research project)
- Specifications (project planning, estimation of costs, preparation)
- Timber (maintenance and preservation, construction)
- Design briefs (questionnaires, contracts. site evaluation, assessing problems)
- CAD (computer aided design)
- Ecology and wildlife surveys
4 GCSEs at A-C including Maths, English and Science or First Diploma (merit grade profile) or equivalent, or appropriate experience. You will need to have completed a 90 credit level 3 Diploma prior to this programme.
Plant identifications, written tests, practical skills, assignments and portfolio building.
Foundation Degree , BSc, HND or work in the landscape industry.
You must be able to demonstrate your commitment to the course and should be aware that individual directed study will be necessary to complete the course. Visits are made to local gardens, work sites and nurseries.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Guildford College directly.