Brickwork Diploma Level 2 at Gloucestershire College
This course gives you the opportunity to learn about the brickwork trade.
You will have the chance to work with specialists in their field in superb, industry standard facilities with fully equipped workshops and modern classrooms, most of which are fitted with inter-active whiteboards.
The topics you will study include:
- Safe working practices
- Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Building methods and construction technology
- Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Contributing to setting out and building basic masonry structures to damp course level.
You will need to have 3 GCSE's at grade D or above or to have successfully completed a Level 1 qualification in a relevant subject with functional skills.
Assessment is on successful completion of all units. On completion of all units there will be one on-line knowledge test and a practical assessment.
On successful completion you may:
- Progress on to a Modern Apprenticeship
- Progress on to a NVQ Level 2
- Become a Bricklayer (employed or self-employed).
You will be required to wear suitable clothing and a pair of steel toe capped boots or shoes.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gloucestershire College directly.