Brickwork Level 1 Diploma at New College Durham
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to achieve work-based competencies in Trowel Occupations.
You will study the following units:
- Carry out safe working practices in Construction
- Information, quantities & communicating with others
- Building methods and constructing technology
- Carry out basic bricklaying skills
- Carry out basic cavity walling
- Setting out and building structures up to damp course level
- Construct straight forward brick/block walls
You will also be required to do Functional Skills at a level dictated by BKSB results. As well as this main qualification you will have the opportunity to study for a short construction related qualification. You will receive a weekly tutorial, take part in course enrichment activities and study Functional skills at your appropriate level either in Application of Number, Communication or Information Technology.
College Assessors will carry out continuous and final assessment in all units.
Formal entry qualifications are not required. All Level 1 courses in Construction are pending a successful interview and BKSB result.
You may progress to Diploma in Brickwork Level 2.Related careers
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact New College Durham directly.