Professional Cookery Level Two VRQ Diploma at East Riding College
This course is designed as an introduction to working in the hospitality and catering industry. You will have the opportunity to work in a busy kitchen environment, restaurant and bar.
- Practical skills training classes
- Theory work to support your practical evidence
- Food preparation, cooking and production - this is carried out in the College restaurant kitchens
- Food and drink service - this is carried out in the College restaurants
You will achieve the following qualifications:
- Level Two VRQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level Two VRQ Certificate in Food and Beverage Service
- Functional skills/GCSEs
- Minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above
- Satisfactory record of achievement or references
- Satisfactory College interview and a practical skills test
The qualification is assessed in a variety of ways:-
- Research based assignments
- Multi-choice tests/short answer questions
- Eight individual practical tasks - graded pass, merit or distinction
- Two synoptic practical assessments - graded pass, merit or distinction
You could get a job in the hospitality and catering industry. You could work in a hotel, restaurant, public house, or a canteen. You may even work at sea, or abroad.
Learners may progress to the Level Three NVQ Diploma in Professional Catering. Learners may also obtain a catering specific apprenticeship in the workplace.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.