Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma at New College Durham
This course will suit you if you are new to beauty therapy or have some knowledge and basic skills in the industry. It will enable you to perform all general facial, make-up, nail care, pedicure and waxing treatments and will provide an excellent qualification for those who wish to take an advanced beauty course or an apprenticeship at Level 3.
The following areas will be studied on the course:
- Working in beauty related industries
- Client care and communications in beauty related industries
- Create an image based on a theme
- Professional ethics
- Health and safety
- Facial massage and skin care
- How to apply make-up
- How to provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- How to provide and advise on nail care
- Wax depilation
- Reception duties
- Promote additional products and services to clients
- Functional Skills Maths and English
- Internal and External Work placement
- Development of your personal, social and employability skills
- Functional skills or GCSE in maths and English
There will be continuous assessment throughout the course in the form of practical observation, oral questioning, test papers and the completion of workbooks, a portfolio of evidence and a project.
As part of your study programme you will also undertake a work placement at an external salon, develop further employment skills that include CV writing, interview techniques and team working attributes, and further enhance your maths and English skills.
Additional skills you may learn as part of your course are:
- Gel nails
- Body tanning
- Competition skills
- Essential skills the industry wants
There are no entry requirements for this course however, 3 GCSEs at grade C or above would be desirable or VRQ/NVQ L1 in Beauty Therapy. All applicants will be interviewed and skills tested prior to acceptance on the course.
Following an interview, successful completion of this course will allow progression to Level 3 Beauty Therapy or employment.Related careers
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact New College Durham directly.