Business Studies at Newmarket Academy
Business studies courses prepare young people to take active roles in business and organisational settings. It develops essential communication, planning and evaluation skills and gives young people the knowledge and understanding to use these skills appropriately in the private, public and voluntary sectors. The teaching of business makes young people more aware of their roles as consumers, workers, citizens and ultimately business owners.
Cambridge technicals are designed to help students prepare for the world of work and to meet the expectations od employers. Level 3 students may progress to further degree level study at university or enter their chosen career. Degree level students go into a wide range of careers such as banking, administration, retail, ICT, marketing, law, operations, human resources or management.
Level 2 students may progress to level 3 programme at school or college, or alternatively enter careers such as banking, administration, retail, ICT, marketing, human resources or management.
Cambridge Technicals level 2 diploma in business.
- Unit 1: Business purposes
- Unit 2: Buisness organisations
- Unit 3: Financial forecasting for business
- Unit 4: People in organisations
- Unit 5: Operational units
Cambridge Technicals level 3.
- Unit 1: The business environment
- Unit 2: Business resources
- Unit 3: Introduction to marketing
- Unit 4: Business accounting
- Unit 6: Business communication
- Unit 12: Recruitment and selection in business
For more information or entry requirements please contact Ms Scullion
All assessment is through coursework.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Newmarket Academy directly.