Performance BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at South Craven School, the Technology and Engineering College
This is an exciting course and will prepare you for the world of Performance, through acting, singing and dancing. It will give you practical skills that you need as a performer and allow you to develop the dedication and commitment you need to become a successful performer.
This course is vocational and encourages you to think about the professional world of Musical theatre. The course will prepare you for employment and prepare you for further study in within this field.
By the end of this course you will have :
- Developed a wide range of all three art forms
- Performed in workshop situations
- Developed an understanding of the performing arts business
- Performed to a range of audiences in and out of school
- Developed understanding of the core principles in all three art forms
- Developed your rehearsal skills and learned to work as member of a Theatre Company/dance troupe
- Devised your own material for performance
- Learned how to use your voice correctly when singing
- Developed voice and movement skills
- Learned to prepare for an audition
- Learned to integrate all three art forms together
100% coursework - practical and written. You will take part in numerous performance opportunities throughout the course which form part of your assessment. This includes performances of musical theatre work combining singing, dance and drama, exploring choreographers work, performing various musical styles through song and developing acting skills.
What can I do next with this subject?
- Progression from this course could be straight into the world of employment in acting, dance, musical theatre or within the Performance sector.
- Alternatively you could continue to degree or other higher educational programmes in the same or related sector. For instance, Performance Schools.
- Work in film, TV, stage, Theatre. You may wish to join a Theatre group to extend your skills.
- The skills taught can help you grow in confidence to deliver presentations, communication skills which will assist entry to a variety of courses at degree level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Craven School, the Technology and Engineering College directly.
Last updated date: 03 July 2015