Women's Hairdressing City & Guilds Diploma Level 2 at Doncaster College
This qualification forms part of a complete programme which will help to develop the necessary skills and knowledge required to succeed not only in hairdressing, but also in the wider world of work.
As well as achieving a nationally recognised qualification in hairdressing you will also develop skills and achieve qualifications in English, Maths and Customer Care.
Training will take place in our well equipped, modern salons, with instruction from our team of highly skilled, qualified and supportive tutors.
You will be taught through a combination of classroom and salon activities and will complete written and practical work. You will learn practical treatments by working on headblocks, before moving on to work on paying clients in our real life working salon.
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Give your clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Salon reception duties
- Working in the hair industry
- Promote products and services to clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Customer service
- Perm and naturalise hair
- Plaiting and twisting hair
- Advise and consult with clients for hair services
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Colour and lighten hair
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut women's hair using basic techniques
- Students who have not already achieved GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above will also work towards achieving these as part of their programme.
- GCSEs grades D or above, in English or Maths.
- Initial assessment score of level 1 in both English & Maths
- Adult learners who do not hold any formal qualifications must achieve an initial assessment score of Level 2 or above in English
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an interview
- Strong interest in hairdressing
- Smart appearance
Assessment will include practical observations on paying clients, written assignments, computer based tests and building portfolio of evidence.
You will be required to purchase a kit and uniform, details of which will be provided at interview.
- NVQ Level 2 Hairdressing followed by Hairdressing Level 3 Diploma
- Apprenticeship in Hairdressing
This qualification will provide opportunities to gain employment as a junior/stylist working in settings such as a hairdressing salon, health farm, cruise liner and setting up your own business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.