Construction and the Built Environment Diploma - Higher Level 2 at Yewlands Technology College
Learners will follow 7 units of:
- The design process in construction
- Materials and structures in design
- Design in the drawing office
- Structures, including science and technology
- Using tools in construction
- Community and environemtn issues and construction
- Facilities management
- Functional skills in literacy, numeracy and ICT
Learners should have an interest in construction and the built environment, or in finding out more about it.. Learners should have a minimum of SATS level 5 in English, Maths and Science. Learners should be prepared to travel to another school, college or specialist centre site for some sessions.
Learners will be assessed through a combination of course work snd written examinations.
Advanced Diploma at level 3, or another level 3 course at school or college. Apprenticeship with employer at level 3. This course is not designed to give entry to a skilled trade.
May include visits to employers, work experience of up to 10 days over the two years and specialist elements of the course may be delivered by employers.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.