Health and Social Care BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate at Leyton Sixth Form College
This course gives students the opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding of, and to develop skills in, the health and social care sector. It also gives students the potential opportunity to gain employment in the care sector.
- Human Lifespan Development
- Health and Social Care Values
- Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Healthy Living
- Social Influences on Health and Wellbeing
- The impact of Nutrition on Health and Wellbeing
- Individual Rights in Health and Social Care
- Creative and Therapeutic Activities in Health and Social Care
4 GCSE’s at D/4 grade, including English, Maths or Science.
Exam Board - Edexcel
- Progression to the BTEC Level 3 Health and Social Care course
- Potential employment in the care sector
- Apprenticeships in the care sector
What are the enrichment opportunities as part of this subject?
Work experience placements:
- Team building activities
- Leadership qualification
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Leyton Sixth Form College directly.