Health and Social Care First Extended Certificate - Level 2 at Crawley College
You will gain essential knowledge, understanding and skills necessary for employment within the sector, developing a solid foundation by studying and developing skills in the following areas.
- Human Lifespan Development
- Health and Social Care Values
- Effective Communication
- Healthy Living
- Equality and Diversity
- Human Body Systems and Care of Disorders
- Impact of Nutrition on Health
- Health and Social Care Sector
- Creative and Therapeutic Activities
- Services I Health and Social Care
Students have the opportunity to apply their knowledge and understanding in a practical context and gain relevant work experience, which will improve their employability within the sector and inform their career choices. Students can undertake their placement (a minimum of 25 hours) in either a Health or Social Care setting.
The Level 3 First Extended Certificate is equivalent to 3 GCSEs.
Every learner at Central Sussex College who is under 19 will undertake a personal Study Programme designed to develop them academically, practically and personally. Study Programmes contain 3 essential elements:
- Subject Course – Vocational or chosen Academic subject, usually studied for 12 – 16 hours a week.
- English and Maths – Every learner will work towards Level 2 English and Maths (C grade equivalent). Learners who have achieved a Grade C will extend their English and Maths.
- 3E – Our own brand of specific entrepreneurship, enterprise and employability training.
You will have specific time in your timetable for each of the three elements above and you will be expected to attend all elements throughout the year. Study programmes are designed to help you meet your maximum potential and progress to the next level of study of into work.
This is course is aimed at those who wish to undertake a career in Health and Social Care.
A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D including English or Maths. You may also have completed the Level 1 programme in Health & Social Care.
A satisfactory work experience record, academic reference and clear Criminal Records Bureau check at the Enhanced Level are also required. The Criminal Records Bureau check will be processed by the college.
Assessment is by coursework which is internally marked by tutors and externally moderated.
The Level 2 Diploma is equivalent to four GCSEs at grade A*-C depending on your overall grade. Upon successful completion, you'll progress onto the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care or the CACHE Diploma for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce. You may wish to embark on a Level 2/3 Apprenticeship and earn while you earn or study an NVQ alongside your job.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.