Health and Social Care BTEC Level 1 Diploma at South Downs College
The BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Health and Social Care is a full time course and is suitable for school leavers (16 - 19 year olds) who are interested in starting a career in Early Years or Health and Social Care environments.
This course will:
- Provide you with an understanding of the knowledge, skills and types of care needed to work with children and adults in Early Years and Care environments.
- Develop your personal skills in areas such as team working, career planning, communication and problem solving.
- Help you to build up the skills you need to either continue studying or to start work.
The course is made up of eleven units. The units are grouped into two blocks of learning.
The units will include:
- Communication with adults and children in Health and Social Care
- Learning experiences for children and young people
- Promoting Healthy Eating in Care
- Job opportunities in Health and Social Care
You willl also have the opportunity to complete short courses in subjects such as Mental Health, Sexual Health and Substance Misuse Awareness as an integrated part of your programme.
You should have achieved mainly E grades at GCSE. You will need to demonstrate a keen interest in working with children and vulnerable adults.
All units are assessed and graded and an overall grade for the qualification is awarded.
To progress onto either the Level 2 First Diploma in Children’s Care, Learning and Development, or Level 2 First Diploma in Health and Social Care, you will be expected to have successfully completed all work experience with positive reports.
You can also progress into traineeships and apprenticeships in Early Years and Health and Social Care.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Downs College directly.