Barbering Diploma Level 2 at Lowestoft College
This course will provide you with an insight into a career in Barbering.
This programme includes a variety of modules including:
- Cut men’s hair using basic techniques
- Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
- Dry and finish men’s hair
- Create basic outlines and detailing in hair
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
Optional units include:
- Salon reception duties
- Colour and lighten men’s hair
- Assist with shaving services
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Plait and twist hair
During the course you will receive practical and theory lessons. In practical lessons you will work through a series of units to develop your hands on skills. The theory sessions provide you with the underpinning knowledge needed to apply your skills in the salon and practise sessions. Theory is assessed through a combination of external multiple choice exam papers, written on-line assignments and oral questioning. Practical sessions are assessed using observation, oral questioning and examining products of work.
Upon completion of this course, you may wish to progress on to the Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing, or undertake an apprenticeship where you will be able to demonstrate the skills you have learnt and gain invaluable experience working in the industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lowestoft College directly.