Further Mathematics A Level at Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys
We focus on developing students as independent learners; working on their ability to analyse and solve problems.
In further maths they have disciplined themselves to at least 8 hours a week outside of lesson.
They are exposed to more applied modules which mean they can now appreciate the application of their maths in the real world.
Students will now have experienced all branches of maths, and will be in a position to decide in which career/course they would like to become specialised.
After completion of the course they will be extremely well prepared to complete a maths/mathematically based degree.
Further Pure Maths 1
- This covers further core topics beyond The A-level. We have opportunities to Indulge into Matrices, Proofs, and Complex numbers.
Any 2 applied modules:
- Handling data and interpreting the Information it gives us
- Forces, motion and other elements Of the physical world
- Algorithms and networks. Looking at Creating the shortest and simplest Solutions when facing decisions.
Further Maths 2 and 3
- These both have the same level of difficulty and introduce students to Maths at Degree level.
Any applied modules
Grade A* GCSE Maths.
- AS Level: 100% Examination
- A2 Level: 100% Examination
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys directly.