Mathematics GCSE at Firth Park Academy
All students will work on the 5 National Curriculum areas of study.
1. Using and applying Maths skills in problem solving and investigations.
2. Number - Whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percentages.
3. Algebra - Patterns in number, graphs, formulas and equations.
4. Shape, Space, Measures - 2 and 3-D shapes, Estimating and Measuring, Co-ordinates, the Metric System.
5. Handling Data - Statistics, Probability, Databases.
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
Every student will be able to gain a GCSE certificate. The assessment will be in 5 parts:
1. Modular Test 1 done in Year 10 - 15%
2. Modular Test 2 done in Year 11 - 15%
3. Coursework investigation done in Y10 or Y11 - 10%
4. Handling Data Task done in Y10 or Y11 - 10%
5. End of Year 11 examinations - 50%
A willingness to learn new skills and practice them regularly. Good concentration in lessons is essential if new ideas are to be understood properly.
All students require a CALCULATOR for work during the course and for the examinations.
METHOD OF WORK
All students should take part in whole class discussions and activities, as well as small group and individual work. All students should do written homework every week.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.