IT and Creative Technologies Level 2 BTEC Extended Certificate at Hertford Regional College
The course is designed to provide you with a specialist work-related qualification enabling you to acquire the skills, knowledge and understanding that are essential for working within the Information Technology field. You will learn about hardware and software systems and set up your own website. The qualification will enable you to apply for a junior position in the computer industry, for example as a trainee web designer or to study for an advanced course, such as a National Diploma.
- Understanding computer systems and their components
- Learning about Applications of IT using Microsoft Programme
- Using software to create and present effective documents
- Learning about ICT graphics and creating multipage websites
- You must have a minimum of 136 GCSE entry points or a Level 1 course such as the Diploma for IT Users with at least 45 credits at Level 1.
- Grade D GCSE in English and Maths or Functional Skills Level 1 in English and Maths.
- You will need to demonstrate a keen interest in the computer industry and be well motivated and enthusiastic.
The Diploma is made up of six subjects covered over a year. All six subjects will be assessed through a programme of assignments.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
- Upon achieving an overall grade of Merit or Distinction and Key Skills you can progress onto Level 3
Enrichment activities, (such as trips, visits, and field trips) are essential to the course and students are encouraged to participate.
What will I need?
A4 lever arch file, memory stick, stationery, course textbook.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.