Teacher Education Access To Higher Education at Milton Keynes College
This course is for students aged 19 when the course begins who wish to progress onto Higher Education.
International students who are applying for Access courses in order to enter the nursing profession should be aware that they are required to meet specific three-year residency criteria to be able to progress to Higher Education courses.
You will take a number of core modules such as numeracy, ICT and communications. Your subject options then depend upon the ‘pathway’ you have chosen. These pathways are:
- Health and Sciences (modules include Health Studies, Human Biology, Psychology and Social Policy)
- Social Sciences (Social Policy, Sociology, Health Studies and Psychology)
- Teacher Education (Health Studies, Psychology, Human Biology and Social Policy)
- Business Studies (Marketing, Psychology, Law and Economics).
Ideally, you will require a Level 2 English and a Level 2 Maths qualification to join one of our Access to Higher Education Diploma course programmes. Entry will be dependent upon a review of previous qualifications in addition to a literacy and numeracy assessment undertaken at interview.
Assessment is continuous and you will be required to submit a portfolio of coursework for each unit by the end of the course. We use a range of assessment methods, including class exercises, formal written assignments and tutor records of performance during class discussions and presentations. There will be some end of unit examinations.
You can progress to higher education in a range of subjects such as:
- Occupational Therapy
- Health Studies
- Biomedical Sciences
- Social Work
- Education - Teaching or Early Years
- Marketing and Business Studies.
Completing the qualification can also improve your employment prospects.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.