Geography A Level at The de Ferrers Academy
Why study this course?
- If you have an interest and concern for the environment • If you are interested in current affairs
- If you enjoy studying a subject that is relevant to your own life and experiences
- If you want the opportunity to carry out practical work outdoors as well as class work
- If you enjoy finding out your own answers – not just being taught
- If you enjoy finding out about new people, places, landscapes and events
- If you want to keep your options open – Geography A level is an appropriate qualification for a very wide range of Higher Education or career choices – it does not force you to make an early commitment
Component 1: Physical Geography
- Water and Carbon cycles
- Coastal systems and landscape
Component 2: Human Geography
- Global systems and global governance
- Changing Places
- Population and the environment
Component 3: Geographical Investigation
- Students complete an individual investigation which must include data collected in the field and relate to the specification.
4 A* - C Plus Grade 5 in English and a Grade 5 in Maths Grade B in Geography
- Examinations are linear and will be in June at the end of Year 13.
- Component 1 and 2: 2 hours 30 minutes exam for each component which totals 80% of A Level.
- Geographical investigation: 3000-4000 words and 20% of A Level
- Management and Administration
- Teaching and Lecturing
- Financial Sector
- Retail and Marketing Sector
- Research, Industry, Manufacturing and Media
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The de Ferrers Academy directly.