Site Carpentry - Level 3 at South Devon College
The advanced apprenticeship in Site Carpentry is a progression from the Level 2 intermediate apprenticeship. The advanced apprenticeship will take one year to complete and requires outstanding achievement from the Level 2 apprenticeship, both in the College and in your place of work with your employer. This programme places great emphasis on bespoke carpentry and on-site supervisory skills, enabling you to work to a higher standard and develop the skills you will need to excel in this industry.
- Setting up and using power tools
- Bespoke first fix, including frames, shaped linings, partitions and staircases
- Bespoke second fix, including side hung doors, ironmongery, mouldings, service encasement,
- wall and floor units, panelling and stair components
- Complex roofing
- Managing a building site/small project
- Managing people on-site
- Gantt charts, building regulations, specifications, info sheets, drawings and risk
- You will be required to have achieved Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to have achieved English at Level 1
- You must have completed an appropriate vocational qualification at Level 2
- You will be required to carry out an aptitude test
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.