Business Administration Apprenticeship Level 3 at City Training Services
You will be Employed in a Business Administration role and will learn in the workplace and complete a portfolio of evidence showing your competence in Administrative areas including working with office equipment, use of telephones and communication with customers and colleagues, development of documentation, planning events, business travel, organising meetings and providing minutes as well as maintaining data and using paper and digital filing systems.
In addition the Advanced Apprenticeship has supervisory and team leading requirements and Apprentices must show competence in planning and organising as well as independent thought process in evaluating and improving office systems and processes.
The Apprenticeship framework comprises of;
- Work based assessment NVQ
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and IT
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (workbook)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities are embedded in the Technical Certificate
NVQ Diploma in Business Administration Level 3
This NVQ is delivered in the workplace by selecting relevant units that cover the work being carried out on a day to day basis.
A portfolio of evidence is then presented in a digital format to show competence in each of the units until 100% of the requirement is met. The Apprentice is guided and has plans set by an Assessor who will visit in the workplace every 4 weeks.
Typical units covered are;
- Communicate in a Business Environment
- Work with other People in a Business Environment
- Supervise a Team in a Business Environment
- Design and Produce Documents in a Business Environment
- Analyse and Report Data
- Contribute to Innovation in a Business Environment
Certificate in the Principles of Business and Administration
This qualification is delivered as a 15 week day release College course and covers 5 different areas of Knowledge with 5 Assessments during the 15 weeks with a Pass, Merit or Distinction outcome dependant on the marks achieved.
The 5 Assessed areas are;
- Principles of Personal Responsibilities and How to Develop and Evaluate Own Performance at Work
- Principles of Working with and Supervising Others in a Business Environment
- Principles of Managing Information and Producing Documents in a Business Environment
- Principles of Providing and Maintaining Administrative Services
- Principles of Project Management
Either Grade A – C in English and Maths or achieves L1 assessment at application.
Has NVQ Certificate at Level 2 in Business Administration
Work place assessments by college assessors, end tests in college and portfolio evidence
Higher level qualification or degree
For further information or to apply online please visit:
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City Training Services directly.