BTEC Engineering (Single) - Block B @ The Leigh Academy at LAT16 Leigh
Students will study four units to provide them with the practical skills and theoretical principles that are essential for a successful future career in the Engineering sector.
All units are set around a vocational context and are delivered through hands on practical application. Students will have access to a fully equipped workshop with up-to-date technologies and advice from specialist technicians.
Students are required to provide clear and accurate evidence of their learning for all units and are encouraged to use their own learning styles to produce this evidence using a range of media.
- Unit 1: Engineering Principles, Written Exam Externally Assessed
- Unit 2: Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a Team, Internally Assessed
- Unit 3: Engineering Product Design and Manufacture, Externally Assessed
- An additional optional unit
- 5+ GCSEs A*-C (9-4)
- Grade 6 or above in Maths
- Merit or above in BTEC Level 2 Engineering
The course contains a written exam, an externally assessed unit and 2 internally assessed units. All assessment requirements will be shared at the beginning of each unit so that expectations are clear.
This course will prepare you for an Undergraduate degree course at University.
Careers could include:
Keeley Cliftlands, Design and Technology
Raina Coules, Technology
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.