Catering and Hospitality Professional Chef Apprenticeship Level 3 at Bath College
This course will provide you with the opportunity to learn to supervise part of a team in preparing and cooking, using high quality fresh ingredients to cook complex meat, fish and soup dishes.
The units you take will depend on your own training needs, but some examples include:
- Cooking complex fish dishes
- Cooking complex meat dishes
- Cooking complex soups
- Preparing and cooking complex shellfish dishes
- Gastronomy and product development
- Supervision of health, safety and food hygiene
- Kitchen management and food cost control
- Menu engineering and pricing
- Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Excellent communication skills, a high standard of personal presentation, and a professional customer focussed approach
- Minimum grade C in English or Maths plus grade D in other subject
- Interview and skills test
Your progress and achievement will be continuously assessed throughout the programme. This will take a variety of forms, including observation, assignments, practical and written tests. To optimise your achievements private study is highly recommended.
- Apply for positions in prestigious professional kitchens or restaurants locally, nationally or internationally. Our previous students have gained employment, locally at The Pump Rooms, Kilver Court, the Priory Hotel, The Wheatsheaf, and nationally at the Cliveden House Hotel, also as ski chalet hosts in the Swiss Alps
- Go onto a trainee management scheme
- Progress to higher education and study a foundation degree, HNC or HND at university
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.