Engineering (90 Credit) BTEC L3 Diploma at North Lindsey College
This course is aimed at those students who wish to undertake a career in electrical
or mechanical engineering within a technical field. This programme also supports an advanced apprenticeship scheme. The course is suitable for those wishing to progress to a level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering as a route to Higher Education or employment
at technician level.
This course is delivered as a full time course, over a period of 35 weeks including tutorials.
You will undertake 9 units:
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Engineering Drawing for Technicians
- Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials
- Principles and Application of Electrical Devices and Circuits
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Electrical Technology
4 GCSEs at grade C and above including Mathematics, English and Science or an appropriate engineering qualification at level 2.
Your progress will be measured by a range of assignments throughout the academic year for each module listed above.
Careers in the following areas:
- Industrial or Product Design
- Production Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Maintenance Engineering
- Progression to Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.