Event Management Level 3 at Hertford Regional College
If you are excited by the thought of organising a beautiful wedding banquet at a Country House hotel or you wonder what goes into organising events such as conferences and exhibitions, then this programme of study will appeal to you. This is the type of career that requires you to work unsocial hours, including evenings and weekends, so you must be prepared to be flexible. As part of the programme you will be helping to organise College events throughout the year, including Open Evenings.
A variety of units including:
- Events Organisation in Hospitality
- Providing Customer Service in Hospitality
- Planning and Managing a Hospitality Event
- NVQ Level 2 Food and Drink Service
- You will need a minimum of 194 GCSE entry points or a Level 2 Diploma at Merit level in a related subject.
- GCSE in English Language at Grade C or above or Functional Skills Level 2.
- There will also be an initial disgnostic assessment to ensure your suitability for this programme of study
You will be assessed via continual assessments which include practical activities such as events, role play and work related activities. Work may also be assessed via reports and presentations and any other suitable method.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
- Continue to a second year on the Diploma in Hospitality.
- Apply for an alternative Level 3 Travel & Tourism programme.
- Apply for a variety of jobs in the Hospitality, Conference and Events Industries.
- Work experience placements are an integral unit of this course. You will also be assisting and running college events.
- You will also study Functional Skills in Maths.
What will I need?
- You will need to pay approximately £70.00 for a restaurant uniform and personalised Event Team kit.
- You will need to pay £100 non refundable, towards industry related trips.
- You will have to pay for textbooks,personal stationery and you will also have the opportunity to take part in an optional overseas residential trip at an approximate cost of £400.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.