Land-Based Service Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship at Duchy College
The land based service engineering advanced apprenticeship is for those who have already successfully completed a relevant level 2 programme and/or who have appropriate employment, expertise and responsibilities at the workplace.
You must be employed within the sector and display a strong interest in your job role, as well as being able to demonstrate enthusiasm and a strong determination to succeed.
What will I be doing on the course?
You will undertake an enhanced programme of learning that builds on the structure outlined on the level 2 apprenticeship provision. This will further develop your technical abilities and endorse your knowledge and understanding.
You will undertake the following units:
- Maintain health and safety in the work environment
- Establish and meet customers' technical requirements
- Diagnose faults in tractors and machinery
- Dismantle, assemble, repair and modify components / land-based machinery
- Conduct testing of tractors and machinery
- Co-ordinate work activities
- Workshop practices
- Welding processes and joining
- Functional Skills (where applicable)
- Emergency first aid (if not gained)
- Employment rights and responsibilities
These advanced apprenticeships are delivered at Duchy College's Rosewarne campus.
You will be assigned a Liaison Officer who will visit you at your workplace to offer you further support and guidance.
A related Intermediate apprenticeship qualification or relevant level 2 qualification is essential - however, applicants with extensive relevant prior experience but without the stated qualifications will be considered. You should also have 2 GCSEs at grade D or above, or a level 1 functional skills qualification and be prepared to work towards a level 2 functional skills qualification in English and Maths.
On successful completion of the course, you may choose to continue working in the industry using your skills and expertise, explore your career options or progress onto higher education.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Duchy College directly.