Performing Arts (Acting) BTEC Level 3 at South Craven School, the Technology and Engineering College
- Developed a wide range of drama techniques
- Performed in workshop situations
- Developed an understanding of the performing arts business
- Performed to a range of audiences in and out of school
- Developed understanding of the principles of acting through looking at different practitioners
- Developed your rehearsal skills and learned to work as member of a Theatre Company
- Devised your own material for performance
- Developed vocal and physical skills
- Learned to create physical theatre
- Learned to perform for film and TV
- Learned to prepare audition material
100% coursework - practical and written. You will take part in numerous performance opportunities throughout the course which form part of your assessment. This includes performance of devised material, play extracts, Theatre in Education to be taken into schools, a whole play which you will work extensively on as part of a Theatre Company which will lead to performance in an external venue, as well as producing a DVD Showreel of Film and TV work in a range of genres.
- Progression from this course could be straight into the world of employment in acting, directing or within the Performance sector.
- Alternatively you could continue to degree or other higher educational programmes in the same or related sector. For instance, Drama Schools.
- Work in film, TV, stage, Theatre. You may wish to join a Theatre group to extend your skills.
- You could become an Actor, Director, Stage Technician, Casting Director.
- The skills taught can help you grow in confidence to deliver presentations, communication skills which will assist entry to a variety of courses at degree level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Craven School, the Technology and Engineering College directly.