Art and Design (Fine Art) A Level at Landau Forte College
Art is both a form of communication and a means of expression of ideas and feelings. A Level Art provides an ideal structure for students who wish to pursue Art & Design at degree level or as a career.
You will also:
- Explore, research and acquire techniques to develop skills knowledge and understanding in a range of media
- Use traditional methods and or digital techniques to produce work
- Explore relevant images, artefacts and resources
- Develop chosen themes, ideas or issues to support you skills and knowledge understanding
- Record through drawing or other media
- Develop understanding of mind in relation to developing own ideas, refining own intentions in order to present a personal and meaningful outcome
At AS students will study:
Skills acquisition, development & critical understanding, through a sustained project.
External set task
100% of total AS Level. Students will select and respond to theme, released in January. The outcome will be made during a 10 hour controlled period. This component is internally assessed, and if entered for AS externally moderated.
At A2 students will study in addition to the AS content:
60% of total A Level. This requires two elements; A portfolio of practical work showing a personal response to a starting point; and a related study of continuous prose with a guided minimum of 1000 words. This component is internally assessed and externally moderated.
Externally set task
40% of total A level. Students will select and respond to theme, released in February. The outcome will be made during a 15 hour controlled period. This component is internally assessed and externally moderated.
We are looking for students who have a real interest for this subject, who believe in Art with a passion. They need to be willing to experiment and take risks. It is very important that students have the literacy skills necessary to deal with the extended writing required within the Personal Investigation.
GCSE graded 9 to 6 in Art & Design (OR BTEC First in Art and Design graded Level 2 Distinction* to Merit) AND GCSE English Language or Literature graded 9-5.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Landau Forte College directly.