Carpentry & Joinery Level 1 Diploma at Harlow College
This is a practical carpentry course where we embed as much of the knowledge as possible into the hands-on tasks. This minimises the amount of time spent in the classroom. We use a range of delivery methods, mainly practical, with a large proportion of E-Learning through IPads and other technologies.
Five Compulsory Units:
- 201 – Health, safety and welfare in construction
- 101 – Principles of building in construction
- 113 – Maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools
- 114 – Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
- 115 – Produce woodworking joints
Ideally a minimum grade E or better in Maths and English. If minimum grade is not met an extended interview may be required.
- Practical phase tests
- Multiple choice exams
You will be required to purchase a set of safety boots and basic stationery. All other tools and resources are provided.
- Level 2 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery
- Level 2 in other trades
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harlow College directly.