Construction BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Walsall College
The qualification forms the first step on the road to becoming an architect, quantity surveyor or civil engineer alongside various other construction related disciplines. The course also provides a progression opportunity to study the Higher National Certificate at Walsall College and progress from there onto a university placement to complete a degree level course.
During this course, having built a strong foundation of industry-specific knowledge and skills, you will have the opportunity to begin to specialise, focusing your study towards a specific employment outcome.
The course is split into a number of units, including a wide range of optional units, allowing learners to begin to specialise and focus their studies towards a desired outcome.
The units cover topics such as:
- Technology in construction including traditional and modern methods of construction (MMC) and Sustainable Construction
- Health and Safety in Construction
- Surveying, Quantity Surveying, Project and Site Management
- Mathematics for construction
- Graphical Detailing including manual/AutoCAD/BIM
Initial assessment and an interview will be part of the recruitment process. Progression from an appropriate level 2 Diploma or 4 GCSEs at grade C or above.
Assessment will take place in the form of tutor-marked assignments.
On completion of the course students will have the oppurtunity to progress onto:-
- Honours Degree or Foundation Degree at University
- Direct Employment within the industry
- A Technical Apprenticeship within the industry
- HNC - Btec Higher National Certificate in Construction
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Walsall College directly.