Modern Languages German, Spanish at Stockton Sixth Form College
Why study Modern Languages?
- I want to develop and improve my language skills in German or Spanish
- I want to have an edge over non-linguists in today’s jobs market
- I would like to develop communication skills and increase my confidence in spoken language
- I would like to work or study abroad.
- You will be taught in a structured way – listening and speaking via computer, talking one-to-one with language assistants and watching films and clips from foreign media
- You will learn about topics such as leisure, lifestyle, society, politics and the environment
- In each of the languages, you will complete: Oral – speaking on a topic and general conversation, Listening, reading and writing
- College-to-college exchanges every year to Berlin in Germany and Madrid in Spain.
Stockton Sixth Form College prides itself on having options for students of different abilities, and would advise any prospective student interested in applying, whatever their predicted grades, to get in touch so that a suitable programme of study can be discussed.
The college has a flexible timetable whereby almost all combinations of subjects are possible. Students will be advised of any non-compatible subject choices, if appropriate, at enrolment.
Through a mix of oral and written examinations.
- The study of languages at university, perhaps combined with other subjects such as Law, Business, Management or Marketing, or with a new language such as Italian or Mandarin
- In the globalised market place there are more and more opportunities for linguists in business, accounting and international law.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stockton Sixth Form College directly.