Travel and Tourism BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 at St Helens College
With this advanced course, you'll be looking at UK and European destinations, improving your customer service skills, as well as investigating long haul destinations and visitor attractions, understanding how they are managed.
You will also undertake interesting trips and hear from experienced guest speakers.
During this course, you will cover the following units:
- The UK/European/long-haul destinations
- The business of travel and tourism
- Customer service in travel and tourism
- Retail travel operations
- Work experience in the travel and tourism sector
- UK visitor attractions
- Entertainment for holidaymakers
- Working as a children's representative in travel and tourism
- Tourism in rural areas
- Events, conferences and exhibitions
- Investigating the cruise industry
- Organising a travel and tourism study visit
- Responsible tourism
- Marketing travel and tourism
- Products and services
- Tour operations
- Working as a holiday representative
You will need five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English language and maths.
English and maths forms an important part of your future, ensuring you achieve the best success in your chosen career. But don't worry, if you haven't got the desired grades, we will still have a course available for you.
You will be assessed through a combination of short written tests, case studies, projects, presentations and role plays.
If you are a school leaver, aged 16-18, (under the age of 19 on or before 31st August 2016), you do not pay tuition fees or examination and registration fees and may be eligible for additional support depending on your financial situation.
Once you've completed this course, you'll be ready to launch your career in travel and tourism, one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries. You may choose to work within a holiday resort, events management, an airport and much more.
You also have the opportunity to study a degree at university, enabling you to advance your knowledge and improve your job prospects further.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Helens College directly.