Public Services - NCFE Level 3 Diploma for Entry to the Uniformed Services at City College Brighton and Hove
This qualification is for learners aged 16 and above and is suitable for use within a study programme. This qualification aims to provide informed and prepared potential recruits. It will enable learners to prepare to make a recruitment application or provide a basis for further study and progression towards the entry qualification of a specific service. It provides learners with an insight into the practical qualities they require, not only for uniformed services, but also for employment in general.
Aims and objectives of this qualification The qualification aims to provide learners with:
- an understanding of the uniformed public services sector
- the opportunity to investigate career opportunities in the uniformed services
- the ability to prepare for a recruitment interview
- an understanding of the personal commitment and fitness requirements needed to be employed in a uniformed service role
- an understanding of the external organsations that impact on and influence the work of the uniformed services
- an understanding of how uniformed services organisations respond in emergency situations
- the opportunity to understand and develop the skills and qualities needed to work in a range of uniformed services eg leadership skills, coaching skills, conflict management, personal protection teamwork, communication, navigation, drill.
Unit 01 Prepare for employment to a chosen uniformed service
Unit 02 Develop aspects of physical fitness for entry to the uniformed services
Unit 03 Develop leadership skills
Unit 04 Understand conflict management and personal protection
Unit 05 Participate in uniformed service routine
Unit 06 Carry out map reading and navigation across open country
Unit 09 Assist in planning and leading adventurous activities
Unit 11 Understand planning for emergency situations in the uniformed services
4 GCSEs at grade D or equivalent to include GCSE English or GCSE Mathematics. Merit or above in a Level 2 course.
Interview for entry: Interview required
All full time courses are free to EU residents who are under 19 years old on the 31st August 2016. The only fees you have to pay are for specialist resources and equipment and the cost of these varies from £25 to £300 depending upon the subject you are studying.
Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for financial help from the college's learner support funds. You should apply for financial support as soon as you receive your offer letter.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Brighton and Hove directly.