Introduction to Leisure and Business - Sport option Level One BTEC Diploma at East Riding College
This course provides a basic introduction to working in the sector and offers opportunities for accessing further study, such as the Level Two BTECExtended Certificate in Sport. It is a practical and work-related course.
You will complete a number of units which are chosen from the following:
- Taking part in sport
- Improving your fitness
- Risks and hazards in sport and active leisure
- How the body works
- Planning your own fitness programme
- Working in sport and active leisure
- Job opportunities in sport and active leisure
- Self assessment
- Career progression
- A minimum of two GCSEs
- Satisfactory college interview and initial assessment results
- Genuine interest in the subject area
This course is assessed practically and through written coursework. Coursework and practical assessments are based on realistic workplace situations.
This course will enable entry to the Level Two BTEC Extended Certificate in Sport or Level Two BTEC Extended Certificate in Public Services and will give you an insight into knowledge of the sport and leisure industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.