Creative Writing AS & A Level at John Leggott Sixth Form College
Study an introduction to different types of writing as well as developing your writing style, reflecting on your outcomes and explore other writers' methods.
- an introduction to a range of different types of writing
- develop regular writing and reading practice
- express yourself and your ideas
- reflect on your intentions and outcomes
- the notion of writing to a brief
- the craft of writing by exploring writers’ methods through the study of published texts
- develop expertise as a writer by writing independently in your preferred form
- experience the writers’ workshop, developing the ability to share work and give/receive feedback
- learn to reflect critically on your own creative process
- apply knowledge of the writer’s craft to your own work
- develop redrafting and editing skills
- develop critical and analytical skills
GCSE Language and Literature - B in both these subjects is essential.
GCSE Average 5.2 or above, including 5 C grades.
This course prepares students for further study in Creative Writing in higher education. Creative Writing is firmly established as a distinct discipline within higher education, leading to a range of professional careers within the creative and cultural industries
You will be encouraged to attend writers’ workshops and to enter original writing competitions.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact John Leggott Sixth Form College directly.