Leisure Management Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Oneside Sports Education Limited
The 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Leisure Management (QCF) is designed to provide learners aged 16 and over with the knowledge, skills and competences required to work as a duty or line manager within the leisure industry. This qualification is part of a suite professionally recognised by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA), which supports an individual’s personal and professional development within the industry.
An AGE Grant of up to £1500 per candidate is available to the employer, for recruitment of up to 10 learners.
This qualification is designed to support experienced operatives in the industry demonstrate their competence in the workplace, possibly through an Apprenticeship. This is a Level 3 competence-based qualification and, as such, simulation is not appropriate/ acceptable for the majority of units due to its real workplace focus. We do not consider it appropriate for those in full-time education, but for people employed in an associated role. Please also note that the qualification’s minimum age limit of 16 is probably an underestimate. The qualification is designed for those in employment who would ideally have 3–5 years’ experience in an associated role and who are looking to progress to a management role and, as such, are likely to be older than 21.
- Understanding How to Lead a Team in Active LeisureMandatory Units
- Promoting Customer Care in Active Leisure
- Understanding How to Manage Health Safety and Welfare in Active Leisure
- Understanding the Active Leisure and Learning sector
- Understanding Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Continuing Professional Development in Active Leisure
- Understanding the Employing Organisation
- Manage Own Professional Development within an Active Leisure Organisation
- Set Objectives and Provide Support for an Active Leisure Team
- Ensure the Health, Safety, Welfare and Security of Customers and Staff in an Active Leisure Environment
- Improve the Customer’s Experience in Active Leisure
Optional Units – Group A (Learners to achieve a minimum of two credits)Optional Units (Group A)
- Understanding Financial Procedures in Active Leisure
- Understanding How to Deliver Objectives through the Work of an Active Leisure Team
- Understanding How to Supervise Facility Maintenance in Active Leisure
- Marketing in Active Leisure
- Understanding How to Sell Services and Products to Customers in Active Leisure
- Operating Swimming Pool Plant
Optional Units (Group B)
- Address Performance Problems Affecting Team Members
- Promote Learning and Development in Active Leisure
- Manage Physical Recourses in Active Leisure
- Implement Financial Procedures in Active Leisure
- Plan, Organise and Evaluate Active Leisure Services
- Contribute to Marketing in Active Leisure
- Operate Swimming pool Plant
- Sell Active Leisure Services and Products to Customers
- Supervise the Maintenance of Equipment and Facilities in Active Leisure
- Contribute to the Prevention and Management of Abusive and Aggressive Behaviour
- Develop Productive Working Relationships with Colleagues.
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (via internet methods) and workshop sessions, plus a final assessment. This assessment can take place in either your local facility with a client, or you may attend our gym in Lancashire for your assessment.
Course Start and Duration
The course will take a minimum of 6 months, but you will have up to one year to complete the course. Courses have many start dates, but usually will be the first Monday of each month.
Coursework, a portfolio of written evidence, and practical assignment/demonstration
What you will receive
- Bespoke 1-2-1 tutorials
- Unique reading aids, and learning material
- Upon passing the course, you will receive a qualification (accredited by 1st4Sport): Level 3 Diploma in Leisure Management
- Must be aged 16 Years or Over
- Must be working in a paid environment within the fitness and health Industry
- Have A* – C in English and Maths GCSEs (if you haven’t gained a C or above in English and/or Maths we will put you through to do the Functional Skills in one or both subjects while your studying the course with us.
- Hold a Level 2 Certificate in Activity Leadership/ Fitness Instruction/ Leisure Operations or an equivalent qualification.
- You must not hold a degree in a similar discipline
- If doing the distance learning you will need access to a computer and the internet.
You can enter the workplace with a fully recognised qualification or even go into further education at a Higher Degree Level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Oneside Sports Education Limited directly.