Work-based Floristry Advanced Apprenticeship at Derby College
You will be provided with a broad range of skills required to work competently within the floristry industry. Practical skills will be mostly practised and developed in the workplace while theoretical background knowledge will be taught and reviewed mainly at College.
The course includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Work Based Floristry
- Independent assessment of knowledge-based element for floristry
- Key Skills: Application of Number Level 2, Communication Level 2
- Additional employer requirements including Emergency First Aid and two additional Floristry units or a legislative or nationally recognised occupational qualification relevant to the industry
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
You must be in employment and be committed to a career in the floristry industry. Entry qualifications are flexible and can include a relevant Level 2 qualification in Floristry, practical experience within the floristry industry or a minimum of three GCSEs at grade C or above, preferably including English Language, Maths and Science.
You will undergo an initial assessment before starting the programme to ensure that you are capable of achieving the outcomes and have an interest in this area of work.
Training is largely work-based with ongoing practical assessments undertaken in your workplace. You will keep a portfolio of evidence of your practical ability and theoretical understanding and your progress will be regularly reviewed and assessed.
You can progress to employment in the floristry industry or to higher education where you could take a:
- BA in Professional Floristry
- FdA in Professional Floristry
- FdA in Commercial Floral Design
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derby College directly.