Religious Studies A/S at Challenge College
AS level specifications in Religious Studies encourage candidates to:
- develop their interest in and enthusiasm for a rigorous study of religion and relate to the wider world
- treat the subject as an academic discipline by developing knowledge, understanding and skills appropriate to a specialist studyof religion
- adopt an enquiring, critical and reflective approach to the study of the religion
- reflect on and develop their own values, opinions and attitudes in the light of their learning.
At AS candidates select two complementary areas of study from the wide range permitted in the specification. This specification is linked closely with the OCR GCSE Religious Studies specifications, in both content and in progression of demand.
AS candidates select two optional areas of study from the range permitted in the specification, (nine).
AS Optional units
- Philosophy of Religion
- Religious Ethics
- Jewish Scriptures
- New Testament
- Developments in Christian Theology
At least 5A* to C at GCSE including English Language and Maths
- Written Examination
All AS units are assessed through independent assessments
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Challenge College directly.