Horticulture Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at Bicton College
This programme will develop your practical skills in the work place to a recognised national standard and give you the background knowledge you need to carry out those practical tasks competently.
There are a number of pathways available to complete the work-based diploma. What you do will depend on your personal choice and the experience you will receive in the workplace, our training officers will guide you.
The subjects may include:
Work-based Diploma Amenity Horticulture (Landscaping)
- Construction and maintenance of garden features
- Establishment and maintenance of plants
- Installation of drainage systems
- Operation and maintenance of equipment and machines
Work-based Diploma Amenity Horticulture (Nursery)
- Establishment and maintenance of plants under protection
- Propagation and growing young plants
Work-based Diploma Production Horticulture
- Establishment and maintenance of crops
- Identifying and treating pests and diseases
- Preparing sites for planting crops
- Propagating plants
You will also work towards nationally recognised Functional Skills qualifications (English and Maths).
You will need to have achieved the following:
- Initial Assessment results should show that you are working at Level 1
- Relevant work experience and knowledge of your chosen industry
- A suitable work placement – we can help to find you one
In addition, it would be helpful if you have the following:
- GCSEs at grades A-D in English and Maths or equivalent
- A good reference
Apprentices can progress to the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship programme. Career opportunities include landscaper, nursery worker or groundsman.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bicton College directly.