English Literature AS level at Malmesbury School
The course will encourage students to develop their interest in and enjoyment of literature and literary studies as they:
- read widely and independently both set texts and others that they have selected for themselves
- engage critically and creatively with a substantial body of texts and ways of responding to them
- develop and effectively apply their knowledge of literary analysis and evaluation
- explore the contexts of the texts they are reading and others’ interpretations of them.
In addition, students will undertake independent and sustained studies to deepen their appreciation and understanding of English literature, including its changing traditions.
Paper 1: Love through the ages: Shakespeare and poetry
Paper 2: Love through the ages: prose
All assessments are by external exams
- AS English Literature Paper 1 7711/1 Time -1hour 30 mins
- AS English Literature Paper 2 7711/2 Time - 1 hour 30 mins
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Malmesbury School directly.