Accounting A Level at Bridgwater College
Students who wish to develop a career in Accounting or General Business.
This is a truly vocational subject. Students will learn the practical application of accounting rules and conventions in order to record financial information and calculate whether a business has made a profit or loss. Students will also learn how to identify whether the business is healthy and make recommendations on improving the health of the business. Units of study include:
- Purposes of accounting
- Accounting records and their verification
- Subsidiary books and ledgers
- Income Statements and Balance Sheets for a Sole Trader
- Business ownership
- Preparation of final accounts
Students will need to gain a grade D or above to continue their studies at A2 Level.
- Five GCSEs in the A* – C range, including Maths and English at grade C or above
- An enjoyment in working with figures with a methodical and accurate approach
Successful completion of the programme provides an excellent basis for the study of Accounting and Business Studies at University and also provides exemptions for professional accounting examinations such as AAT Certficate level as well as obtaining work in this field at a trainee level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.