Advanced Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery at Eastleigh College
The aim of this framework is to attract new people into Catering and Professional Chef Roles from a wide range of backgrounds to replace those who leave or retire and to provide employers with the cooking, chef and craft cuisine skills they need to help increase productivity and profitability.
It involves completion of
- L3 Professional Cookery
- L3 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (professional cookery pathway)
- functional skills English and maths L2.
The mandatory units include:
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues.
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment.
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food.
- At least nine months experience of working in the catering industry
- or Completion of a Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Catering and Professional Chefs - Food Production and Cooking, Professional Cookery or Craft Cuisine pathway.
Once you have enrolled onto the programme you will be assigned an assessor that will visit you in the workplace regularly.
- complete assessment plans and reviews with you to keep you on target
- support you in the collection of the required evidence needed for your qualification through different assessment methods such as: professional discussion, observations, written questions, verbal questions, witness statements and any assignments.
On completion of this Apprenticeship, the apprentice will be competent to work as: Sous Chef or Senior Chef/Cook.
Following further development, apprentices can progress to general management or to similar roles in institutional catering, such as hospitals, schools and the MoD.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.