Bench Joinery - Level 3 Diploma at Redcar & Cleveland College
This course developments knowledge of: safe working practices in construction; how to set up and use fixed and transportable machinery; and how to mark out, manufacture and produce complex shaped joinery.
The course consists of the mandatory units listed below, a college based practical assignment, and an externally set subject knowledge test.
The course consists of the following units of competence:
- Know and carry out safe working practices.
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others.
- Building methods and construction technology.
- Set up and use fixed and transportable machinery.
- Produce complex shaped joinery product details.
- Manufacture complex shaped joinery products.
Each of the above practical units has the necessary subject knowledge unit attached to it.
You will four GCSEs at grade C or above, one of which must be English, or Bench Joinery Diploma Level 2 or Intermediate Craft Award.
Units of training and practical skills evidence will be simulated within the college. There is an end test.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Redcar & Cleveland College directly.