Computing at Palmer's College
The course will give you a technical understanding of how computers and software work. The course is split into two main components:
- The theory of computer systems and software which involves understanding how computer hardware works and how large applications are designed and developed
- Applying problem solving and logical skills to develop an understanding of the building blocks required for program design and development.
In the second year you will consolidate your practical skills by completing a programming project of your choice.
- Computer fundamentals
- Programming techniques and logical methods
- Advanced computing theory
- Computing project (coursework)
Minimum of four Cs and two Bs at GCSE which must include grade B in Maths and grade B in English or another written subject.
Computing leads on to degree courses in computer science, systems analysis, games design and web design. You can also move into the workplace in areas such as a technician, programming, networking, systems design and development.
More information is available on the College website.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Palmer's College directly.