Physical Education A Level at Southfield School for Girls Specialist Sports and Science College
If you are interested in sport and leisure, or are planning a career in any of the following; physical education, teaching, physiotherapy medicine, sports journalism, psychologists, sport science or sport psychology – this is the course for you. This qualification complements many other subjects.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Exercise Physiology
- Skill Acquisition
- Sports Psychology
- Sport, society and technological influences
GCSE PE Grade B (Theory) or level 2 BTEC Sport Distinction. You should also select A level Biology to support this course.
A level PE Practical Assessment: 30% of grade
A2 Level Assessment Criteria
Performance/ coaching of a sport or activity from approved list (30 marks)
- Emphasis on log of competition
- EAPI (oral analysis): Improvement plan of a sport or activity from the approved list. This does not have to be the same sport or activity that was undertaken by candidate, although it can be.
- EAPI to action plan for identified weakness in performance. Long term plan of 2-3months.
- Application of A level theory into analysis.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southfield School for Girls Specialist Sports and Science College directly.