Dance A Level at Paddington Academy
Dance is a dynamic qualification which encourages students to develop their creative, physical, emotional and intellectual capacity. “I love Dance because it gives me a chance to express myself and build my confidence, whilst getting fit and developing my creativity”
This is a course that looks at both current and historical dance practices, making it more likely to inspire a lifelong passion and appreciation for dance. The course aims allow students to study a range of dance styles for both Choreography and Performance such as Contemporary, Jazz and Ballet.
The course will cover:
- Performance of solo choreography
- Performance of within a duet/trio
- Critical Appreciation of Rambert Dance Company and Contemporary Dance in Britain (2000 – current)
Exams are split into two components;
- Performance & Choreography (50%)
- Critical Engagement (50%)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Paddington Academy directly.