Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship at Vocational Training Services Care Sector Limited
This qualification will suit you if you are working in an oral health environment and have considerable knowledge and skills in relation to dental equipment, instruments and materials. You are able to work under minimum supervision as a key member of the oral healthcare team
At this level you you will gain the skills and knowledge you need for chairside work, providing support for a range of dental procedures,
Preparing and maintaining environments, instruments and equipment for clinical dental procedures
Providing chairside support for extraction of teeth and minor oral surgery
Dental radiography. Please ask us for a full list of units.
There are no specific qualifications required for entry to this apprenticeship framework. However, Apprentices should:
• Show enthusiasm to work in Dental Nursing and be working in a setting for 30 hours per week as an apprentice or 16 hours a week as a diploma standalone learner.
• Have basic literacy, numeracy and communication skills to Level 1 on which the apprenticeship will build
• Have a suitable level of physical fitness to perform some aspects of the job roles
• Be willing to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check (this is needed as apprentices are likely to work with children, young people or vulnerable adults)
• Be flexible as there may be a requirement to work shifts
Individual health sector employers may have additional employment entry requirements e.g. a current driving licence would also be an advantage (and may be necessary for some roles).
You will need to undertake an initial assessment/interview to check your suitability.
Assessment will take place by regular observation in the workplace and workshop attendance at VTS’s Westcliff Training Centre. Additional assessment will be through portfolio building of assignments, case studies, observation and work based activities.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vocational Training Services Care Sector Limited directly.