Travel and Tourism BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 at City College Plymouth
This study programme is dynamic, innovative and action packed - there's never a dull moment! It will give you a wide appreciation of the whole travel and tourism environment alongside the opportunities to visit far flung place such as New York, China and Paris as well as key UK destinations such as Bristol and London. Entrepreneurial and enterprising activities, holiday representatives, children’s representative, cruise and cabin crew will be studied, and we also have work placement links with some of the best tourism providers in the area - so what are you waiting for?!
The course covers the following subjects:
• customer service
• marketing and the business of tourism
• the work of holiday representatives, travel agents, conference organisers and children’s representatives.
The course includes additional qualifications such as cabin crew and worldwide travel geography. You will have the opportunity to go on a residential visit to London and optional visits to local attractions such as Woodlands and Paignton Zoo. You may undertake work experience in Europe as part of the Leonardo Scheme - previous students have worked in Istanbul and Sweden.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
In our experience in order to be successful on this course you will need one of the following:
- five GCSEs at grades A*-C (including English and maths)
- a BTEC first diploma
- an NVQ level 2/technical certificate
- successful completion of an Apprenticeship course
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
All units are internally assessed. Set in a vocational context with a wide range of practical as well as written assessment.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- a foundation degree in hospitality and tourism management, or business at the College
- a BA (Hons) degree at a range of universities
- a wide range of careers within the travel and tourism industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.