Public Services (Uniformed) BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 at Hugh Baird College
This course is designed for students who wish to follow a career in the uniformed services, for example the Army, Navy, Police, Fire or Ambulance services. It will cover theoretical and practical subjects.
The course places great emphasis on physical fitness and practical activities in order to raise your fitness levels to those required for entry to the uniformed services. The programme will also include Maths and English to help you achieve you future career aspirations.
- Understanding the public sector – how the public services work
- Law and the legal system
- Citizenship and contemporary issues
- International perspectives
- The Uniformed services – the potential world of work
- Physical preparation for the uniformed services
- Expedition needs
- Human behaviour – psychology and behaviour
- Media and the public services – how society perceives the public sector
- Understanding discipline
- Public services in Europe
- Dealing with accidents – first aid and accident prevention
- Health and fitness
- Outdoor activities
- Major incidents – command and control in the Police and Fire service
In order to qualify for this course, you will need:
- 4 GCSEs at grade A*-C including Maths or English
- Public Services (Uniformed) - Level 2 at Merit or above and be working towards GCSE Maths and English at grade A*- C
You will be assessed by completing projects and assignments.
16 - 18 Years: Free
- Royal Marines
- Coast Guard
- Fire Fighter
- Police Officer
- Probation Officer
- Young Offenders Team ( YOT)
- NHS Administration
- Police Civilian Administration
- Job Centre Career Advisor
- Communication and Technology (control room)
- Security Officer
- Criminal Courts Administrator
- Court Administration
- Social Support Worker
If you are aged 16-19, this qualification will form a substantial part of your study programme. The study programme has been designed to ensure that young people are fully equipped and ready to move on to the world of work or higher level courses. In addition to your main qualification, will you also get the opportunity to undertake relevant and CV bolstering work experience out in your chosen industry. You will also be supported through maths and English qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.