Media Make-Up (With Hairdressing) Level 2 at West Lancashire College
This course is ideal for students with a serious interest in Theatrical and Media Make-up with hairdressing.
Successful students tend to:
- be knowledgeable about a range of make-up and hair products
- be artistic, creative and resourceful
- be diplomatic and tactful in order to cope with nervous performers
- enjoy working with a variety of people.
- Health & safety
- Skin tanning techniques
- Applying make up
- Body art design
- Eyelash & brow treatments
- Art of photographic make up
- Working in related industries
- Art of dressing hair
- Art of colouring hair
- Make & style a hair addition
- Client care & communication skills
Trips may be available to full time students at an additional cost. Details will be available from the course coordinator. Placements
are mandatory to the course (your placement will include working evenings and weekends).
All students must purchase relevant kit from a preferred supplier. Costs will be discussed at enrolment and during the college induction. Students will be required to provide models for assessments.
All students must wear the college uniform, which is:
- Long smart black trousers (Purchased by student)
- College polo t-shirt (Purchased from a preferred supplier)
- Low heeled full black smart shoes (Purchased by student)
- Students will be required to remove all visible jewellery including facial piercing during all practical sessions (due to awarding body requirements) and have short nails with no nail polish.
A certain level of manual dexterity will be required for this course.
Learners will undertake a period of work experience appropriate to your course as part of the programme of study.
Maths and English will be part of your programme of study and you will study qualifications in Maths and English, appropriate to your level of ability, alongside your chosen course.
A minimum of 3 GCSEs at Grade D or above. Candidates will be interviewed to assess their suitability for the course and we will
be looking for an appropriate standard of English and maths. We are interested in your enthusiasm and commitment to succeed.
Students must be able to work effectively with others and be willing to carry out and receive all treatments. You will also be required to carry out treatments on male clients. Students will be required to provide their own models for assessment.
Assessment is by practical observation; oral questioning and written essential knowledge papers. Assignements may also be required. An internal and external verifier will assess a portfolio of evidence and your practical skills.
Theatrical, Special Effects, Hair and Media Make-Up Diploma Level 3
- make-up artiste
- special effects make-up artise
- photographic make-up artiste
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact West Lancashire College directly.